If you’re wondering how to plan your first pool party of 2022, we have some tips for you. The swimming pool construction and service experts from the Best Pool Service in Menifee CA know that the first party if it’s your first time being a pool owner may seem daunting, but it doesn’t have to be!
You do want to make certain your pool water is clean, clear and ready for swimming. You will also want to schedule a post-pool party cleaning and maintenance visit. When you have a higher swimmer load than usual, the water chemistry can get out of balance and that can lead to cloudy, bacteria-filled water.
When you become a pool owner, friends and family gravitate toward your home for parties, and why not, you’ve got the party hot spot aka swimming pool!
There is no better way to ring in summer than with a Memorial Day pool party. Plan a big bash or a “let’s just hang out” day at your staycation spot.
How To Plan Your First Pool Party Of 2022
- Call, email or text your guests.
- Remind everyone to bring a towel and bathing suit. Have extra towels on hand.
- Stock up on department store flip flips and sunblock for guests who don’t bring their own.
- Call us to schedule a cleaning before the party. Schedule your after-party cleaning at the same time.
- Your menu can be elaborate or simple as hots and burgers or ordering in pizza or your guests may all want to pitch in and you can have a buffet.
- Have a cooler filled with ice, soft drinks and adult beverages.
- Use disposable plates, utensils and plastic drinking cups.
- Mop up any food or drink spills. You don’t want ants and bees at your party!
- Have a space set up where guests can change into and out of their swim suits.
- Have ample seating for the guests — in the sun and in the shade.
- Have a music playlist.
- If you’re hosting a theme party, then decorate in that theme.
- Get some kiddie pools for those children who won’t go into the pool. Fill another kiddie pool with sand and get some beach toys. Inflatable beach balls and rafts will help assure everyone has fun!
- Grab citronella candles and torches to keep mosquitoes from spoiling the party. Pick up mosquito repellant.
- Light the night with solar powered string lights or a bonfire. Don’t forget the marshmallows!
- Pool party games and out of pool games are always a hit so plan a few, but don’t feel as though you have to be the one to get everything going — just offer options to your guests. Cornhole is popular as is croquet and inpool games like volleyball and basketball.
Have a backup plan and a place to house your guests if the weather doesn’t cooperate.