Have you ever looked at your bathtub while you’re taking a soak and noticed the ring around the tub? The same can happen in your swimming pool although it’s more likely a calcium build up than bathtub ring! The swimming pool contractors from A Clear Choice Pool Service in Menifee, CA explain why pool tile maintenance is important — and it for more than just having unsightly rings in yor swimming pool!
What leads to rings around the pool tiles? There are myriad reasons they can occur, but it’s best to address the potential issue before it happens.
Why pool tile maintenance is important
White, gray or brown lines or patches can build up on the pool tiles, at the water line, if the pool water has unbalanced pH levels. The reason for this is that calcium carbonate separates from the water and forms the lines or even patches of build up on the tiles.
The best way to keep the lines from happening is to perform regular swimming pool maintenance. Your pool contractor will clean the pool water, balance the chemicals, brush the pool walls and floor to help assure your pool won’t develop build up.
Here is what will be checked and done to assure your pool doesn’t get a build up.
- He will test the pool water to assure the pH levels are in balance.
- The total alkalinity will be tested and adjusted before you adjust the pH level.
- Calcium levels and calcium hardness need to be level. If they are too high, the pool is at risk for scale build up. Adding soft water or a scale inhibitor will address this issue.
- Daily water testing and chemical balancing will help address any potential scale build up and could even prevent if from happening.
- If scale happens, you will want to gently rub it with a sponge and tile cleaner or a soft brush (make sure the brush you use is the type that is meant to be used on your pool’s bulding material.
Owning a swimming pool is a big responsibility and comes with the almost never ending task of pool cleaning and maintenance. You may opt to clean the pool yourself or you may opt to hire a pool maintenance and service professional to do it for you. There are many pool owners who take on the task themselves, but find it is too time consuming and in their sometimes limited free time they’d rather swim in the pool than clean the pool.
If you’re not sure which way you want to go and aren’t sure how much it costs for pool maintenance, call us and we can come out and give you an estimate on how much pool cleaning would cost for a season. You may find that when you factor in your time, the chemicals you need to buy and the storage of those chemicals, it might be easier and less expensive to hire a pool service contractor!