Benefits of automatic pool covers, ACC Pool Contractors explain
Having a swimming pool cover should be a must-have when you’re a pool owner. Did you know the benefits of automatic pool covers? There are many with the greatest being that it will be easier for you to put the cover on and off after use.
The swimming pool contractors from A Clear Choice pool service in Menifee, California explain that a pool cover should be used to keep the pool water free of leaves and debris when you’re not swimming. A pool cover will also help slow the rate of evaporation. If you heat your swimming pool, using a cover will trap the heated water and save you money on pool heating costs. Pool covers are also an additional layer of safety to keep children and pets from falling into the water.
Here is information and some of the benefits of automatic pool covers:
- Should you invest in an electric or hydraulic cover? Both systems operate on electric motors, but the hydraulic style is a bit more intricate. Hydraulic pool covers use hoses to operate. If you’re on a budget, an electric pool cover might be your best investment. Hydraulic pool covers operate smoother and are typically used on larger pools. If you use a hydraulic cover you won’t have to worry about whether there is a power outage and you won’t have to look for an outlet like you would with an electric cover.
- Consider getting a built in cover pump to help drain any standing water from the cover. This feature makes it easy to remove standing water — you don’t want that to drop into the swimming pool.
- Covers have gone high tech. Opt for a system that utilizes a wifi enabled touch pad. This device will utilize your home’s wifi network and can also send alerts to let you know whether the cover has been opened or closed in your absence.
- Decide whether you want to hide your cover or have it roll up to the end of the swimming pool. Covers can be recessed and or deck mounted — based on your personal preference.
- Choose a color pool cover that suits your family’s unique decorating style or the aesthetics that you want to emphasize for your back yard. Pool covers come in myriad colors and styles and you can choose one that is multi-colored, solid colored or even with your favorite sports team emblazoned on the top of it.
You certainly don’t have to go high tech with having a motorized swimming pool cover, but if you have a large pool and have an even larger pool cover you will find it is not always easy to remove and replace when you’re swimming and then done for the night. Sometimes a pool cover — to remove or replace is a two person job and if you’re home alone and want to swim, you could be missing out if you can’t get the cover off. Talk with your pool contractor to see about having a motorized pool cover installed as part of your pool construction project or as a stand alone remodeling project.