Are you considering getting a swimming pool? If that’s the case, there are a myriad of costs associated with pool ownership that you may not have considered. The swimming pool contractors from a clear choice pool and spa service in Menifee, CA have put together a list of how to calculate the costs of pool ownership.
Swimming pools have what some might consider “hidden costs” but they aren’t hidden if you do your research and budget for ongoing costs.
How to calculate the costs of pool ownership
Set your budget and be prepared for all the costs of owning a swimming pool.
- Pool chemicals will be needed to keep the water clean and safe for swimming. You can either DIY the maintenance and service and if you do you will need to buy all of the chemicals up front and find a safe and secure place to store them. You can also delegate the costs of pool maintenance and upkeep to a seasoned professional like one of the pros at ACC Pools.
- The pool will require electricity to run the pump and filters and any other accessories you might have like a heater or the costs to run a rock waterfall or other items. Increases in your utility bills depend on certain variables – the size of your pool, the cost of electricity in the area in which you live and how frequently you will run your pumps and filters.
- One of the biggest expenses once the pool has been constructed is the water to fill it and ongoing costs of water to keep it filled. The pool will lose water through evaporation and splash out and will require refilling.
- If you decide to heat your swimming pool water, you need to factor that into the costs of operation.
- Buying a swimming pool cover should be included in the cost of the pool ownership BUT a pool cover will help cut back on the amount of water lost to evaporation and cut back on the time it takes to clean the pool.
If the swimming pool is going to be used year-round, you will want to ask us how much it might cost and we can give you an estimate on ongoing pool costs. It is better to be prepared so you can swim and enjoy without worry in the back of your mind. Your swimming pool will be a place you and your family will enjoy for decades!