Do you wish you were still swimming? Do you want to open your pool earlier in the season in 2020? Should you get a gas swimming pool heater? The answer, the swimming pool contractors from A Clear Choice Pool, the best pool service in Menifee, California say, is “perhaps.”
Swimming is fun any time of the year, as long as the water is comfortable enough to swim in. Also, when you have made the tens of thousands of dollars of investment in the pool you certainly want to use it as often as you can and a pool heater will help with that.
Gas pool heaters are more affordable and make it easier to keep the pool water warmer and extend your pool season. Depending on where you live, a gas pool heater may allow you to swim year-round!
Should you get a gas swimming pool heater?
Here are items to consider when thinking about getting a gas pool water heater.
- It is energy efficient? Invest in the most energy efficient model you can and ask your pool contractor for an estimate on how much it might cost to run the heater for a season.
- What size do you need to heat the water in your unique pool. The depth and shape and the area of the country in which you live will determine the size pool heater you need.
- Will you install the pool water heater yourself or hire a professional? This will help you budget for not only the cost of the heater, but installation.
- Consider investing in a pool water heater that has a copper heating element as this metal is less prone to corrosion and will help the pool water heater be usable for more years.
- What is the warranty on the heater? What’s included? What’s excluded? How long is it good for? Does it cover the entire unit or particular components? What about the installation being covered?
As with anything you get for your swimming pool, do your homework and your research before you invest in a swimming pool water heater. Ask us for input and advice.